Things you ENJOY even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list then post it on your journal THEN tag 5 friends and ask them to post it on theirs.
Again, I'm not passing on the tag because I'm so bad at doing these myself. Do it if you want! In random order...
1. Reading. I like fiction, mostly. I'm not too picky. I've read a lot of Stephen King and Tom Clancy, but I'm not really proud of that. I enjoyed reading the Jason Bourne books by Robert Ludlum years before they made the movies. I really enjoyed Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card when a friend recommended it even though I would have sworn that "science fiction" was not a genre I could ever find pleasure in. I understand they are working on the movie for it. I would recommend that book.
2. Watching TV. Especially Court TV/A&E/TLC/Discovery and occasionally Spike TV. My wife watches all the forensic shows with me, so if I ever disappear...
3. Playing on my computer! First person shooters like Splinter Cell, Solitaire (not the one that comes with the computer, a bunch of others), MoreJongg, editing photos with PaintShopPro, categorizing my photos and mp3s, etc.
4. Working in the yard. Yes, this is a recent discovery; that I actually like making my yard look nicer! And, on top of that, I think I actually enjoyed the hard work it took to do so! Shocker, I know.
5. Writing. This is something I haven't been making time for lately, but that really needs to change. I'm going to get back to this and act like I'm serious about it. Really. Shut up, Chuck!
6. Tinkering. I like to improvise, to fix things with my own hands and my knowhow (limited though it is). Not like cars, splut! But, like building a deck or nearly anything out of wood, and I would like to learn to do some metal working, too. I like to do home improvement type stuff. I mean, I could almost enjoy doing that full-time, but no one is willing to pay my bills while I work on my house! I would have loved to be close enough to help schmimi with her cat ramp troubles a few months ago. I'm all about helping solve a problem with something I can build/modify/remodel with my own hands and skills.